Single Life After 50

I have figured out something about myself that I think other women out there my age can relate to. We have been programmed to believe that women of a certain age should behave like matrons if they are single, or preferably, they should find a nice husband and get ready for that long winter's nap before death.

Well I say bullshit! Since my husband and I separated 9 months ago I have been spending my time trying to find a replacement for him. But I realize that this is absolutely not what I want. I want to be free. I have a nice apartment, I make decent money, I am healthy and attractive. Why, like so many men do, can't I just be myself and follow that restless spirit that has been my true nature all my life? I feel so free today. I can choose to do whatever I want, stay home, go out, whatever...it's my life!