The Power of Positive Thinking

As far back as I can remember I have been a big believer in the power of mind over matter. I think what got me interested in this, besides just a natural intellectually curious nature, was reading Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People" when I was a teenager. My daddy had the book and I borrowed it. He, my daddy, was always interested in self improvement and I guess I inherited that trait.

I like what Dr. Phil says, that there is no reality, only perception. We see what we WANT to see. This to me goes hand in hand with the whole power of positive thinking thing and the law of attraction. If you choose to see the world as bleak and hostile then that is what you will attract to you. I am living proof.

What about you? Do you subscribe to this viewpoint or do you think its all a bunch of psychobabble?