- MAKE AN EMAIL LIST--Build a user database of customers, friends, potential customers, other bloggers, or people who are interested in the service or product you are talking about or selling. Mass e-mails can notify your readers of new articles you have posted or new products on your site.
- Buy Links--This will get your pages indexed in search engines. From the search engines you can pursued people into subscribing to your rss feed, and plus get a e-mail list built up.
- Write Good Content--This goes without saying. You have got to say something interesting or offer something that someone else doesn't. You must be passionate about the content on your website or blog to get people to pay attention. This takes time, but do not give up. Just keep writing good content.
- Forums--Join forums of similar interest and network. Most forums let you put a link back to your site in your signature. Become a regular member, choose just a few forums and actually participate, don't spam and run. That's a no no.
- Read Successful People--Follow the leader and pay attention to those websites or blogs that are highly successful. Let them lead you by example. Having an online mentor is one of the most important steps to learning to build an online presence, in my opinion. It gives you ideas and a starting point, at least. And nothing drive enthusiasm like success.
- Network--Make friends on social networks sites. There are a ton of them out there. I am not going to list them all. Google is your friend.
- Blog Post Titles--Use titles that are catchy and search engine friendly. Study up on the use of keywords to help you with this.
- Learn SEO--Study search engine marketing and learn all of the ins and outs. Every person with an online presence should understand at least the basics of search engine optimization.
- Trade Links--When you make friends online by doing all of the above then it is common practice and accepted online etiquette to ask to trade links with sites that have good page rank or popularity. Often when you comment on popular blogs you will end up with a trackback or even better, a blog post about your site. It happens to me often.
- Don't Make Money Your Main Object--Although that sounds counterproductive, when you are first starting out if you will put making money at the back of your mind and just do the things I have suggested above, the money WILL come. Be patient and persistent. Give it everything you have and donâ€™t monetize your website when you have a new blog up. When you put ads up too soon you are sabotaging yourself.
Tips on Creating an Online Presence
If you have a website, whether it be a blog or a full blown online business, you want to be known. There is no sense in having a web presence if nobody is visiting your site, and if you have an online business no visits means no sales, of course. I have compiled a list of tips to help you create a big online presence. Using this advice will guarantee that your online presence will be drastically increased over time: