Finding Balance

I am somehow drawn to posting personal stuff on this blog, even though I call this my personal blog. I think it's because when I set this up I left myself open with the word "Views," giving me the chance to state my opinion on just about anything. Besides, my my blog, A Writer's Journey, has my resume and published work, and I give the link out to prospective clients. This has created a sense of caution in sharing too much personal information anymore. People do judge you, no matter that you wish differently.

Anyway, with that said, what I would like to share with you today is my challenge of finding balance in life. I am in my early 50s and I think that, along with things that have happened to me over the last few years, have forced me to dig deep inside, to figure out how to be happy, or at least content, in my years climbing over the hill.

I see now that I have lived in such chaos, I was raised in chaos, that I don't feel comfortable when life is just, well, regular. I am reminded of the words to the song DESPERADO, "you're losing all your highs and lows, ain't it funny how the feeling goes away?" That's where I am. My highs have worn me out and my lows were literally the pits.

I feel calm today, for you know they say that acknowledging a problem is the first step to fixing it.

What about you? Do you find it hard to live like normal people do? I often discover that many writers feel this way, preferring to live a life of fantastical things in our mind rather than accept the fact that life is sometimes, well, just life, and that there is nothing bad happening, but neither is there nothing good happening.
That is when it's time to start being grateful just to be alive and healthy.