I Just Can't Do It!

I met a guy on an online dating site and have been talking to him over the phone this week. He seems like a great guy. BUT, we are supposed to go on a date Saturday and the closer Saturday gets the more I don't want to go. I am thinking of deleting my profile from the dating site. The only thing that is stopping me is that I have made some friends there. Maybe I should just change what I am looking for to "friends?"

Because I am realizing that I am not ready to date. The last thing I want in my life right now is a relationship. I know he's going to call tonight and I should wait and tell him then, but I am chicken and am just thinking about sending him a message through the site.

What do you think? Is that fair or cowardly? (by the way, he was talking bad about a guy he works for, how they made fun of him--he's a few bricks shy of a load--and how funny it was, that was the thing that actually got me to rethinking this date before I realized that I don't want to date ANYBODY right now)