TMZ and Perez Hit the Big Time

I just read a great article at C/Net News giving an overview of the new TV shows of the celebrity gossip blogs TMZ and Perez Hilton. I had no idea this was going on. That means I need to stay in the loop more. However, I won't be rushing over to the TV to watch either one. I just can't see celebrity gossip on a blog translating to good television, and obviously the writer at C/Net agrees with me.

"The creators of TMZ TV and What Perez Sez are hoping to avoid the pitfalls of predecessors like iVillage's talk show. But it's not easy to translate a conglomeration of written gossip and YouTube videos into a half-hour or hour-long TV program." I just can't believe we live in a world where a blogger as nasty as Mario from Perez Hilton gets a TV show. Jeez. What next? Voyeurism in the toilet? Wait, that's the same thing isn't it?