What a Nightmare!

My computer crashed yesterday morning. I was sending an email and suddenly, nothing. The screen was blank. After much fiddling I discovered that my computer had bit the dust. I tried not to panic. I called a friend and she came over. We took the power supply out and went to Fry's and bought a new one. She replaced it, (this woman is a whiz!) but that's not what it was. I was just about in tears. Not only could I not get online, I was worried that I had lost all the poetry, short stories, my novel, pictures, etc, that I had collected over the last few years. But the main thing I discovered is that I am totally addicted to the internet! Not only is it how I make my living, but living alone, it is where I spend a lot of time socializing.

Anyway, I got a newspaper and I got lucky. I found a guy who had a Dell computer with and HP laser printer for $100! I am using it now and I love it. AND, I found a back up disc with all my stuff on it. So I have been spending the day getting things back to normal, re-entering my user name and password on all the sites I frequent where it was encrypted, etc. Thank God I am back!