The Sun Dogs

Saturday evening about six pm, as the sun disappeared from the cold landscape and loneliness began creeping in, I decided that since I am single, what in the hell was I doing sitting at home? So, I hopped on a bus and headed down the road to the Lakewood area. Lakewood is only about 5 miles from my apartment and it is like a different world, like it's own little suburban slice of heaven.

Desiring the company of cheerful people, I stepped into the Lakewood Tavern. But little did I know, I was to be privy to some of the best music I have heard in a very long time. I had no idea that there would be live music at the Lakewood Tavern. I had only been there once and it was earlier in the daytime.

The Sun Dogs from Allen, Texas were warming up as I arrived. There were very few people in the bar. It is more of a night spot for younger people, I gathered, and the crowd would not start arriving until a few hours later. But the band began to play at around 7. WOW. They blew me away when they started off with a song by Chicago, complete with trumpet. They even had bongos! The singer's voice was beautiful, sweet and strong. I was only there for about three songs--one of them a heavy rock and roll tune, what a versatile mix they offered me and very quickly--I turn into a pumpkin if I am not in bed with a book by 9, but I have to say, I enjoyed myself thoroughly and the pleasant and talented surprise of The Sun Dogs.