Confessions of an online forum junkie and troublemaker

I have signed up with a couple of affiliates and they are adamant that you should have a Squidoo page, a Facebook presence, Hub Pages, and be active on other social networking sites and in forums revolving around your niche.
Now I like to make money as much as the next gal, but I wish I could change my attitude toward social networking. Maybe my negative view of this comes from back when I hung out all the time at Writer’s Net and Absolute Write. I was a newbie for sure, and I found myself getting into spats with trolls. I seem to have this Superwoman complex which leads me to always be fighting the bad guys, taking up for the underdog, arguing over principles. I grew up in the late 60s and early 70s. That should tell you all you need to know, but if you don’t understand what I am referring to, let’s just say I grew up dreaming of Utopia, of a future where everyone was free, and social justice was the norm, God bless JFK, Martin Luther King, Jr, Robert Kennedy, and every peace loving hippie I ever knew! Long story short, I ended up with a female stalker. She followed me from WN to AW. It was pretty darned scary. She threatened to come to Texas and kick my butt.

That was four years ago. You’d think I’d have gotten over it. Then I started hanging out at PPP forums after I started blogging for them. There I went again, not knowing when to keep my mouth, or my fingers, in this case, shut. The cult of posties over there don’t like me very much, needless to say.  Now I am getting truly serious about online business and I know that I must present a professional online demeanor at all times. I will be representing some very respected companies after all. Wish me luck. You know what they say. (Or should!) You can take the girl out of the era but you can’t take the era out of the girl.