It is not so bad being single during the holidays

With Thanksgiving less than a week away and Christmas just around the corner my thoughts turn to family, as do most of ours. But there are many people across the world who have no family or their families are too far away for them to be with during the holidays. There are also those, like me, who are single and don’t have a honey to spend to holidays with.

This is a hard time of year for people in these boats. But I have decided that it is all about perspective. Keeping a positive frame of mind, being grateful for the things you DO have rather than concentrating on your losses, remembering happier holidays of your youth, and being around friends that care about you, can make the difference between a happy or sad holiday season. A new year is coming and we never know what is just around the corner. And as far as love goes, as it says in Desiderata “Love is as perennial as the grass.” Call me Blanche Devaro or maybe Tammy Wynette. I am going to keep trying until I get it right.