Recovery after addiction to Xanax

I bet you have been wondering where I’ve been. Well, let’s just say that the wheels came off. One day I was blogging, the next, my mind would no longer function. I guess you call it exhaustion, or burnout, but whatever it was, I was forced to reexamine my life and came to learn that I was much more troubled, and fragile, than I could ever have known.

The good news is that after 12 years on Xanax I have been clean and sober for 34 days! I have also not had any alcohol in that time, another of my problems. I went to rehab, and now am living back in my hometown in a women’s shelter. They are helping me to rebuild my life. I feel weird, scared, but clear headed and content. I have grown closer to God as a result of all the things that have happened and am very grateful to him for carrying me.
I will only be blogging part time now. I am checking into finding a way to make a living that is much less stressful, while I attend counseling.  Thank you for your patience. Sorry to have left without a word, but I had to save my life, or rather, God did.