We should take stock of our lives from time to time

This is the time of year when we begin to look back, reflecting on the things we have or have not accomplished and making plans for the future. It’s natural, and its necessary. Counting our victories as well as our loses provides a balanced view of ourselves and prompts us to make changes that will help propel us to the next level of our experience.

Life is a journey, you hear that all the time. But do you really ever think about what that truly means? To me it means that all of my worrying, obsessing, and self recrimination over the past are wasted energy. The things that have happened to me were meant to be, the only thing that is up to me is how I will deal with them and what action I take in the future based on what I have learned.

Nothing can be accomplished from a state of negativity. Taking stock this holiday season, be sure to be kind to yourself as you move into the new year. The state of grace that occurs when you do this will allow you to be kind to others. Something to think about.